/gen/

Not 100% relevant, but there is a manga about sumo girls, name's "Rikijo". I couldn't find any scan of it though.
somewhat relevant film from the early 2000s iirc. I can't remember how many good shots there are in it so it might be a total blue-ball experience spending 90 minutes watching it lol

https://vimeo.com/366227354

Secret Society of female sumo wrestlers
>A charmingly eccentric light comedy about not being afraid to be who you are (Variety) Scruffy charm and feminist pluck (New York Times) The female answer to THE FULL MONTY (Mirror) - Set in South Yorkshire, the story centers on overweight Daisy (Charlotte Brittain), who gets a tedious job at a canning factory when husband Ken (Lee Ross) is out of work. On the point of handing in her notice, she’s suddenly invited by the firm’s boss, Marlene (Annette Badland), to join the strangest of secret societies - a society of female sumo wrestlers.
Professional sumo in Japan is male only, sorry.
>>9634 (OP)
>>9794

Go on youtube and search "female sumo wrestling" there's a bunch of it.

...better yet, search: 2014 WOMENS HEAVYWEIGHT MATCH 14 AMANDA VS MELANIE. It really looks like that's Amazon Amanda squashing another woman in a pro sumo match.
>>9794
Only partially true. Sumo in Japan has a religious/ceremonial aspect which excludes women once they reach a certain age. There are, however, female Sumo wrestlers in Japan. They compete at international competitions like the olympics, but are usually forced to retire once they reach that certain age.

There's a Netflix documentary about it here in the UK called 'Little Miss Sumo' or something like that. I actually met the guy who made it.
>>9803
>2014 WOMENS HEAVYWEIGHT MATCH 14 AMANDA VS MELANIE
Oh my...
>>9634 (OP)
Ohashi Michiko from the plus size Japanese idle group(s) has done televised sumo about 3 or 4 times. Each time she was like 20 lbs heavier too so it was pretty great.
Japs scrub everything from the internet all the time though so you can only readily find images from like one of the matches.
>>12125

So post them…