/gen/

(495 KB, 1581x977, AIHMHs3.png)
Welp, it was a good run, but https://volafile.org/r/obese is no more. What an interesting experiment it was. I was fascinated with it: slow, difficult to parse, and ever-changing, I still was able to nab some interesting things here or there over the course of it's life.

What about you? Did you ever use it? Will you miss it? Will you move on to the discords that Brie et all are trying to setup in the aftermath?

Since volafile came out, I basically shuttered the array, which was an equivalent system with some differences (only one uploader, could request specific files, etc). Now that vola is dead, I toy with the idea of bringing it back, even if on a limited once a week or so basis.

Should the archives re-open?
I used it the vola pretty regularly - it was a nice depository of random content. Some good finds in there. It was almost like thrift shopping but minus paying for it.

I know you're going to be inundated with requests for the array to open up but since I'm early and have your attention: Don't. Keep it to special occasions if you feel compelled, but it's obvious from the past few times you volunteered your time and energy to servicing the denizens of BBWChan, it was clear that some people were greedy and asked for the stars & the moon. Any attempts to be fair to those waiting in line were circumvented by the same greedy assholes gaming the system. There doesn't seem to be a way to mitigate it, and you end up with a lot of unfulfilled requests.

The only way I could possibly see it be made fair is with a Leave a Penny, Take A Penny system. You only get your request uploaded IFF you provide something the array doesn't have. Old content, new content, rare content. That's my thoughts anyway - I'm opposed because I don't want to see the last mod with patience become vengeful to his visitors. Thanks as always, Lieutenant.
I too was a regular on Vola. Not sure what happened, but sorry to see it go.

Back when the Array was open to view and download without your direct interaction I always enjoyed that. I can see how much of a PITA it is to grab the requested files and upload, so I won't see that as an option. Not sure if the open Array is an option or the cost in time and money associated with that.

Lt. Barclay, you have always been very gracious and generous with this site, so Thank You, and I know you will make the right decision.
>>8812 (OP)
might sound dumb, but you wouldn't be able to set up a volafile yourself, would you? not sure of the cost and your server capacity, though.
Man, seemed like a cool solution with file hosting only lasting a couple of days. Didn't see this coming at all when it was apparently operating smoothly. It will be missed.
Vola was great. I used it a decent amount and was happy with it, even with slow downloads.

I also remember the array which was definitely harder to use but useful for getting specific content.

I hope another alternative to vola comes in because it was nice while it lasted.
On the one hand, Volafile sucked. The download speeds were slow as shit, it was often inundated with videos of women who barely qualified as fat, let alone obese, and a lot of people who uploaded there apparently didn't have any interest in their collection having readable filenames.

But despite that, there was usually something good to be found there. As much as I just complained about it, I still came back every day and usually ended up downloading at least one video.
yeah man, it sucks. shit was horribly slow, half of the videos there were either of the same girl (shout out to the guy who re-upped creampuff videos all the time) or of girls who were barely fat and some WEIRD fuckin' arguments. But I still loved it, man. There were rare gems, some actually neat discussions, and some stuff i never even knew i wanted. rest in pepperoni vola.
as for the array, i guess that'd be neat. I'm not gonna lie, i kinda forgot how it works or how it went, but im still interested in it however.
Well.

At least I got the torrents while I still could.

Rest in peace, Vola. You gave me more lewds than I knew what to do with.
Why exactly is it shutting down? Not much of an explanation and the attached pic was way too crammed with text to read.

I’ll miss it for sure, plenty of good content. They even started ones for other interests like bhms that’s sourly lacking on here. RIP volafile.
>>8812 (OP)
Could I get a link to the Discord you mentioned?
(51 KB, 640x592, 1611154261772.jpg)
>>8966
long story short they kept getting reported for certain content cause "muh sex work needs to be paid for"

i sure miss vola, and to some extent the boob and butt siderooms

I use Gigatribe to share my small wealth with anyone but if there are any better alternatives somewhere else please let me know
I’m curious, mostly cause I joined apparently after it was last shut down, but can anyone explain what this array concept was?
I forgot about the array. that was a few years ago. IIRC it was like halfway gigatribe halfway volafile.
How much would it cost to reestablish and what would the monthly operating costs be?