/gen/

Eat more.

Personally I prefer not to binge on one thing, because that makes me feel sick. Like a whole bunch of pizza, or a whole bunch of milk shakes. That just makes me end up hating that food. Just eat more frequently without worrying about what it is. Try to stay full. Gotta constantly remind yourself to eat something until your appetite naturally gets used to it and increases on its own.
Fat and simple carbs (starch, sugar), minimal protein, maximum processing. All those empty calories will have you craving the stuff like a junkie and your appetite will increase in turn.
Outside the usual tips (dairy and carbs), nuts are an underrated source. Peanut butter people know about, but besides peanuts, cashews, pecans, and macadamia nuts are also very high-calorie and taste pretty good. Any recipes with coconut milk (like Thai curries) are great bc coconuts are high in calories.

Honorable mentions: avocados, bananas, mangoes, and the various dried fruits. (Trail mix is a great way to pack in a bunch of calories and still have variety in your food, which is important when you're eating a ton!)
>>53682
Nuts have to be paired with carbs though — you're on the right track with trail mix (the kind with dried fruit and M&Ms). They're high in protein as well as fat and without a lot of carbs backing them up will actually help you lose weight. Same goes for avocados, actually highly recommended for keto diets.

Bananas and mangoes are high in sugar but there's a lot of fiber in there too so you'd have to eat A LOT to gain weight off them. And yeah, packaged dried fruit is often soaked in sugar and may as well be candy.
>>53633 (OP)
I've been considering a new strat, namely eating a pound of pasta per day with jar of classico sauce dumped in. I've noticed that I reliably put on weight if I do that without eating anything else.
>>53745
The Bolognese Classico one is the best one for that BTW. I've been cutting sugar out of my diet and that was the sauce I had to stop using because it has more sugar that all the other ones, except maybe the vodka one.