/gen/

(42 KB, 850x397, Distribution-of-BMI-in-the-study-population.png)
Hello esteemed colleagues. I'm trying to worldbuild a realistic fat setting and I want to crunch some numbers on what a more obese America could look like. Unfortunately, most population studies on obesity usually cap out at a BMI of 45, which would correspond to a weight of less than 300 pounds for women.

I need statistics on the number of 400, 500, 600, 700, etc. pound individuals that exist in America (so a BMI of around 100 or more). Do any of you know where I can find this?
>>52126 (OP)
If so only thing that comes to mind would be some support of anonymous health insurance data/data from doctors pffices, containing info about height, weight, BMI and age of a patient. But that would be probably not easy to get ahold of; unless you're a medical researcher maybe...? And many people stop seeing their doctor at this weight, so that's another major problem...

Anyways, what exactly are you trying to achieve with the data?
>>52128
Well I want to create a realistic number of super fat individuals for my setting but I need the current number in order to do that.
>>52126 (OP)
I tried to do something similar a while back. When first dating my wife I wanted to know how many girls her size were out there, as it turned me on to think I was dating someone like 99.99999% fatter than everyone else. Got nowhere unfortunately. Like you said they group everyone who’s “morbidly obese” together, and even bell graphs top out at 45 of 50 bmi max. Will be curious if you find something.
NHANES is a good start. I think the data format is somewhat unusual, but I was able to access it using R and some NHANES library. Would love to be able to access the UK Biobank too, but that's closed off. Issue with both of these is that presumably especially fat people don't sign typically sign up.