/gen/

(136 KB, 481x462, Prevalence__ResizedImageWzQ4MSw0NjJd.png)
Seeing a girl that has diagnosed binge eating disorder. Wondering if I can somehow turn this into a positive thing in her mind to help her grow? If not, wondering what generally triggers it?
Binge eating disorder is essentially just the pathology of poor impulse-control regarding food. All it takes to trigger a binge-eating episode is A) access to food, and B) enough privacy to safely give in to the impulse to eat without being judged. This is why most people with BED binge alone, and why they are generally able to control their eating while in the presence of others. People with poor body-image are afraid of being judged about their bodies and, by extension, about their eating habits. But for a person with BED, if no one is around to hypothetically judge them, their inhibitions are too weak to suppress the impulse to eat. After a binge is complete, when they have either run out of food or are too full to continue, the impulse to eat is removed and all that remains the same guilt and shame that makes them eat in private in the first place.

Basically, the only way that your gf will ever feel comfortable binging in front of you is if she believes that you will not judge her for doing so. Not only this, but she must also be comfortable with the results that such eating will have on her body. This ultimately comes down to what she believes about your preferences. If she believes that you genuinely like bigger girls and doesn't mind if she gains weight, she won't have any inhibitions about eating as much as she likes, and any shame she may feel about gaining weight will likely be alleviated.

Either way, you have to tell her what your preferences are. It doesn't have to be some big dramatic thing like coming out of the closet. Just somehow let her know that you like bigger girls and wouldn't mind if she gained.
why the fuck would you want to get with someone like that!?

No way in hell it would be worth it and I'd be pissed if I got home from work to find out a months worth of food was wasted so the fucking stupid damaged good bitch could puke on her self.

I'd be out of my damn mind to put up with some puke pile like that, who plays stupid to how much food costs now!
>>38279
BED isn't the same as bulimia, genius
>>38047 (OP)
That's just fucking evil, man. It's not a "positive thing," you're exploiting the mentally ill to get your rocks off.
>>38047 (OP)
Turn a negative into a positive. If she binges in front of you, just let her know you really enjoy when she does that, and reward her richly post-stuffing.
Either she'll stop binging or she won't associate bad feelings with it. Kind of a win-win.