/gen/

(33 KB, 1006x728, IMG_20230609_130445_100.jpg)
Tldr: Why do some women have bag like bellies, while others have cute round ones?
As in, why do dome bbw's look nice and round, every shape is right where it should be, while others look like sacks of potatoes?
The reason of me thinking about this is cuz my gf is chubby, but I'd love her to get to a BBW lvl. Although so that shr doesn't die of a heart attack, shr had thoughts of going to the gym while not losing a ton of weight. Just getting "pulled up".
So my question is:
*Is it possible? Can this be done? Be fit and fat at the same time
*Why are some bellies rounder than others? Is it because of working out? Plastic surgery?
I'm at a legit loss
>>32759 (OP)
I always assumed fat distribution is mostly genetics, maybe a bit of diet. Like why do some women have huuge tits and a tiny ass. Why are some women immaculately built with a big everything, why do some have tiny tits and ass etc etc.

I do think that some saggier bellies are caused by weight fluctuations. Losing gaining losing gaining just gives a more deflated look. But frankly I think a massive portion just comes down to genetics, how fast they're gaining, and what they're eating.
>>32762
>weight fluctuation
That's a great answer. I never thought of it, but it is a reasonable one.
Genetics wise well, I think that's just too easy of an explanation. It's in there, sure. But that doesn't mean you can't correct it etc.
From what I found - drinking could be in part responsible for having rounder bellies. That and low protein diets. Dunno how good of an idea that is, but than again, gaining weight is a bad idea in general
(31 KB, 600x430, fat.jpg) (49 KB, 444x316, fat1.jpg)
>>32764
That's a good point, drinking definitely leads to rounder guts, you can especially notice it in men who can gain almost exclusively in their guts (and face) through heavy drinking. That can definitely contribute.

I know there's 2 different types of belly fat; subcutaneous belly fat and visceral belly fat. Subcutaneous would be that squishier looking soft fat like the girl in the 2nd photo. Visceral is like that hard bloated ball gut heavy drinkers get.

Visceral is also much more unhealthy as it surrounds the organs, whereas subcutaneous is more surface level.

I tried to find pictures with women and couldn't but these pics illustrate the difference.
>>32761
Oh and 1 more thing I wanted to add. I've heard theories that the way women get bellies shaped like pic 1 is by wearing high waisted, tight pants that basically imprints their bellies overtime. Idk how true that is but idk it's worth considering. I know having garbage posture and being hunched over all the time leads to increased belly fat right above the waist, like a spare tire.

>Is it possible? Can this be done? Be fit and fat at the same time

I think to a certain degree. You can get chubby, borderline bbw girls who are really active and exercise, but just consume large amounts of food creating a calorie surplus. If they run or lift weights and stuff, they're technically fit, they just don't have an athletic build. That just becomes significantly harder the more weight they put on though.
The question is, how do you lose visceral fat while gaining subcutaneous fat?
>>32759 (OP)
I think you can be pretty fit by modern standards and be significantly overweight. Lift weights and be strong 2x/wk, Stretch/yoga 1x, 1h cardio/wk. Eat fruit and vegetables. I wouldnt say its completely healthy, but you would certainly be ahead of most americans these days.
>>32767

I have found out over time that belly shape is determined by genetics and how the tendons form in the body. While it would make sense that "binding" as it were had something to do with it, apparently it is not. Otherwise people like Jackie for example would have a double belly when you see how they have worn their clothes for their entire life.
>>32781

Let me say that differently - I've discussed this with an anatomist. I didn't come to that conclusion.
>>32782
Yeah, high-waisted pants causing double belly is one of those urban legends that has no basis in fact but refuses to die, because it "makes sense" if you don't know anything about actual anatomy.
>>32780
>I think you can be pretty fit by modern standards and be significantly overweight.

BMI charts were meant for tracking large populations, for which it works pretty well. Yet for years everyone from the NIH to on down to local GP doctors have used it to diagnose individual patients, which is ridiculous. In fact it undermines the credibility of the entire medical profession, just as they need as much as they can get, what with people are questioning vaccines.

According to the BMI chart in my doctor's office, at 5'9" and 205# I'm "obese." Meanwhile I'm built like a gorilla, with very broad shoulders, a thick neck, and a lot of muscle mass overall. A fair-sized tire of flab around my waist too, true, but at 53 my blood pressure is 74/120, my cholesterol is below average, and I'm a fairly active person, biking 60-100 miles a week and walking 20-40. Besides aesthetics (which as we all know are subjective), I'm not sure how my obesity is impacting my actual health.

The media loves to showcase the extreme HAES folks but the message behind the movement is correct: Treating obesity itself has been a near-total failure (talk to me about Wegovy and Ozepic in a year when the lawsuits start piling up) so why not treat actual health problems, and then otherwise encourage people to be their healthiest, rather than their thinnest?
>>32793
Yeah, using it as a one size fits all metric was terrible laziness on the part of the medical profession. I'm only ten pounds fatter than you and I'm two inches taller, which means that I'm just barely tipping into the obese category -- but that's pure "skinnyfat" on a previously slender build, as a result of aging and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle, and it's fucking me up pretty hard, so I really DO need to lose it. No easy answers.

I bet the latest news on semaglutide causing irreversible gastroparesis in some patients is giving a bunch of medical malpractice lawyers a boner. Shocker, the magic weight loss pill turned out to have serious negative side effects! We've been down this road before (fen-phen).
My girlfriend has always been big, but her belly filled out a lot when we started drinking more regularly. I love her body, but I’m trying to get her to do squats to round out her ass a bit.
Weight fluctuation makes the flesh looser, as does time. Lose 50+ and things sag.

Hormones control distribution. Woman with PCOS often have higher testosterone, which can lead to more abdominal fat. As does menopause.

Metabolic health influences subcutaneous vs. visceral fat distribution. Exercise, stress, drinking, sugar, etc. Essentially - healthful behaviors move the needle to subcutaneous.

Take someone like mochii - her gain went to the gut. Genetics? Not quite. More like total inactivity, coupled with massive amounts of sugar and alcohol.

If she lost with activity and a Mediterranean diet, then regained on the same, we'd see a much much different build.

Keep in mind too - fat is metabolically active tissue. It releases hormones. They tend to have feminizing effects on men, masculinizing on women.

Exercise and diet can diminish those effects, but does not eliminate them. There's a cumulative price, even for our "healthy" friend at 5' 9" and 205. Simply put - holding more weight accelerates aging.

The B vs D shaped belly is genetic. No changing that.