/gen/

(817 KB, 994x720, spongefire.png)
After hearing about these drugs for awhile, I learned more about these via this podcast episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ycz1ouKL8

This is just one food youtubers podcast but its well researched content. On a societal level the proliferation of these drugs seem like a net benefit to societal health. I mean, type 2 diabetes is fuckin awful and improving fitness and cardiovascular health of the general population is uhhh good I guess.

However, having a love for fatties as we all do here, I couldn't help but worry about the future of our sexual preferences. I dont wanna post doomer shit, but after hearing about the recent advancements in these drugs, increasing efficacy and projected availability within the coming years, it does seem very possible that general society will see a vast decrease in the number of fat people soon.

I wanted to throw this out there and see what you all thought. We've been high on the hog so to speak this past decade with body positivity and rising fatness, but are we entering the lean times? Or is this nothing to worry about? Will this just mean people who are into being fat will be proudly fat with fewer health concerns? Am I gonna have to start liking skinny chicks?
We've had a few threads about this. Check the catalogue. I'm a pharmafag and have made pretty long posts talking about the efficacy, mechanisms, price and availability of these drugs in the other threads.

I will briefly say that I think the supply issues are going to take a long time to sort out. These things tend to move at a glacial pace (any other pharmafags may remember the long-term HRT shortages not too long ago). I don't think we'll see full availability return for another year (probably a year and a half) at the very least. When that happens, it could go one of two ways. Either the hype will have died down by then, or else the renewed availability will lead to another huge wave of hype. I think the latter is more likely, but I'd like to be wrong about that.

You could look at this as "thinning the chaff" - only the fatties who actually want to be fat (or, realistically, those who can't afford WL drugs) will remain. But I personally think that's a naive way to look at it. If this WL drug fiasco has taught me anything, it's that those of us in the feederism bubble tend to forget just how much the vast majority of fat people despise being fat.
>>29280
Isn't Ozempic already linked with certain types of cancer?

There is no way taking these pills for years or even months on end mentally isn't going to mess you up really badly some way. For the normie this is a "miracle" cure, and we know it's a rule of life there's no such thing as a free lunch. Like come on. I predict recall within a few years tops.
>>29286
Mentally* I meant physically but that too. Suppressing a basic hormone and God knows what else, the foundation of your being. Yeah I'm sure this isn't going to cause massive tumors in your stomach within a decade, and stillborn births, seizures etc.
>>29286 I googled it and Ozempic is apparently linked to a very specific thyroid cancer, but like not a general concern for most. But idk, sketch. I also browsed r/ozempic and sad stuff going on there man. BBWs reduced to waifs. Sad scroll
(52 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault (1).jpg)
>>29357
So all the "body positivity" was a bunch of BS if women are risking literal CANCER with Frankenstein pills just to lose weight. Absolutely demonic society.

In the "worst case scenario", though I wonder if paradoxically this would help make those women who are both fat, pretty (and not very poor) to regain a certain (maybe rebellious) prestige again like Ye Olde Days....
>>29362

Yeah it will be interesting to see how Body positivity as an ideology will fare in the coming years. I think it was horseshit coping for most women who despised getting fat, and if there's a shortcut to weight loss now most women will gladly take it. But there is a tribe that also has fully bought into it and may see this drug as evil and refuse it. In terms of actual health concerns, I think only time will tell.