/gen/

(33 KB, 700x700, C01FCC5A-F1AF-41BA-A010-69A1CEC7D5AC.jpeg)
Hey my girlfriend has a chronic illness that makes it really hard for her to loose weight. Has something to do with that she can’t feel full. When I met her I thought that was perfect. As I like big girls and that would rule out weight loss as a potential relationship problem as she is ok with the way she looks and would never get WLS surgery and is too lazy for a fundamental diet change or exercising regularly (she is not a feedee unfortunately)She weighed in at nearly 500 pounds and now she’s down to like 350. I thought I‘d be ok with it but the changes in her body are really noticeable. The drug is called Saxenda. Look it up. Worse than WLS. It’s basically loosing weight without any effort. It has to be stored in the fridge for all I know. I tried heating it up but that destroyed the injection mechanism making it obviously unusable. Does someone have experience with this drug? What should I do?
Don't fuck around with other people's medicine. No matter what.
"I tried heating it up????"
pls tell me this is a dark larp
psychotic fuck
break up with her
You should neck yourself, you fucking creep.
I am a pharmacy tech and I dispense this stuff pretty regularly.

I agree with everyone else in this thread and I really hope this is a larp. If you're fucking with your girlfriend's medication that's really fucked up, especially because Saxenda is *not* cheap.

There's another similar drug called Ozempic (semaglutide). If you google Ozempic you will find a lot of articles talking about the widespread shortages caused by high demand; this demand is/was (supposedly) caused by people promoting Ozempic on TikTok (lol). Surprisingly these shortages don't seem to be affecting Saxenda. But that might just be because Ozempic is cheaper and easier to use. I can go into more detail on this if anyone wants to know.
But I digress. Just know that everything I have to say below about Saxenda also applies to Ozempic.

These drugs were originally developed to be used by diabetics. In a nutshell, they work by making you feel full sooner while eating (if that makes any sense, I'm not sure if I phrased that properly). The diabetic version of Saxenda is called Victoza, but it's the same drug (liraglutide).

I said I dispense Saxenda frequently, and I do, but it is actually kind of rare to see a Saxenda patient who is *actually fat* (especially by our standards).
Most of the Saxenda patients I see are yuppie women in their 30s/40s who put on a stone or two of baby weight and are too busy/lazy to lose it the hard way - and have the money to take the easy way out.
The other big contingent (and the ones I find darkly amusing) are the frumpy grannies in their 60s with a bit of a spare tire (again about 1 or 2 stone overweight) who can't really afford Saxenda but are buying it anyway. I say "darkly amusing" because it's like "who are you kidding, you're just old and ugly, being slightly overweight is the least of your worries", but I'm well aware I sound like a complete asshole for saying that.
>>24868 Why didn't you call Saxenda by it's drug name? What are the ingredients? I worked behind the counter too fir a couple years.
>>24845 (OP)
>Hey my girlfriend has a chronic illness that makes it really hard for her to loose weight
Ahem, diabetes?
>Saxenda
Something of a hormonal medicine?
But that's epic, lol.
>>24868
So it simply fiddles with the feeling of fullness in the brain.
>measuring weight in stones
I can feel that connection to the neolithic cultures.
>>24868
what drug makes oposite that it can go in drink without taste???
>>24845 (OP)

For starters, how about don't mess with someone's medication. Especially one that's still new and experimental.
mfw no prader willi syndrome gf
(56 KB, 500x500, low tier god.jpg)
>>24871
>Why didn't you call Saxenda by it's drug name?
I did, albeit once. Liraglutide. We always call it by the brand name in my workplace, especially to differentiate it from Victoza, which has the same active ingredient but uses a different delivery system (and has a different indication).
>What are the ingredients?
- Liraglutide (this is the active ingredient. it is a synthetic hormone GLP-1 which is an analogue of the natural hormone glucagon. GLP-1 is produced from yeast via genetic engineering)
- Disodium phosphate dihydrate (this is basically used to prevent the GLP-1 powder from forming clumps in the solution, but is probably also used as a thickener)
- Propylene glycol (this is an inert compound used as a food additive and also in vape liquid, as well as lots of other uses. I assume that it is also used as a thickener here)
- Phenol (petroleum-derived antiseptic used to prevent the solution from becoming contaminated)
- Hydrochloric acid (used for pH balance)
- Sodium hydroxide (also used for pH balance)
- Water
>>24878
pic related
(76 KB, 384x255, forbidden_knowledge.jpg)
>>24846
>>24849
>>24860
Almost 100% certain that it's bait.
>>24911
Purely out of interest though, does there exist a drug that has the opposite effect?
It's not for spiking drinks (if that's even doable with this type of medication), it's just that it's not uncommon for some feedees to be mad enough to drink literal cream and dietry supplements to assist in gaining. And it's not like simply eating >4000kcal a day won't have some knock on effects either. I've even seen suggestions of antihistamines and travel sickness pills to help people get more food down, so I'm genuinly curious.
My autism compells me to pick your brains, for knowledge on the subject.
>>24936
I don't think antihistamines would have any effect.
Travel sickness pills? Domperidone (AKA Motilium) is a fairly common OTC travel sickness pill. I suppose it might work to prevent vomiting from overeating, but it would be a bad idea for someone with high blood pressure to take it regularly. A proper antiemetic (e.g. Aprepitant) would be more effective, but those are typically only prescribed chemotherapy patients.

I think everyone knows this by now, but there are lots of mental health medications (particularly antispsychotics, but also some antidepressants) that can cause weight gain. Olanzapine (AKA Zyprexa) is an example off the top of my head.

But if you want a drug that will simply help/make someone eat more? Appetite stimulants exist, but I don't have much experience with them. Megace could work. Again that is usually prescribed for very sick people who have trouble keeping down food.
Honestly I think cannabis (or some kind of cannabinoid) is probably the best bet, but again I'm not telling you anything you don't already know
>>24936
in this world where it seems everyone is using drugs for body modification, it's kind of surprising we don't see protocols for weight gain
to me it seems like the #1 most powerful drug would be insulin. it's one thing to have various drugs that increase appetite, but it's another to be able to eat as much as you can without feeling sick.
it we were to estimate something like 20g carbs per unit insulin, then it's pretty easy to have massive binges with a simple injection.
also don't forget that prescriptions are not required for insulin, and there are ways to get it extremely cheap if you look hard enough.