/gen/

(348 KB, 433x629, bloodonthepage.png)
Well, finally, after many, many versions of lynxchan and penumbra making changes for each version manually, I actually forked Penumbra and now it's open for all to see and request changes or report fixes. Are you a CSS Guru? A JS wizard? A script-kiddie extraordinaire? You can take a look and see what can be done to make bbw-chan better.

https://gitgud.io/derpsherp/PenumbraLynx/-/tree/2.7.x

Personally, I would love to see someone slim down the god damn post form. It's thiccccc and in all the wrong ways.
I do front-end web-dev. I'd be happy to help give back to the community and help you out. Just let me know what you need in particular. I've never given the Lynxchan code much of a look, I was too busy enjoying the quality content. Is Penumbra just like a modern UI template for Lynxchan?
>>12221
Penumbra is the default, base front-end that lynxchan ships with, yes. The lynxchan dev makes it himself, and while it works, it's extremely basic, especially compared to other lynxchan front-ends like Kohlchan from kohlchan.net.

Their post form, for instance, is half the size of ours. If you really want to help, porting their post form or cobbling together your own smaller one would be awesome.

Oh also, if the watched threads menu would just go away when you click off it, that would be great. I know the X button is there to close it and that's good to have on mobile, but it feels clunky on desktop to not just have it close when you click off.
>>12263
>If you really want to help, porting their post form or cobbling together your own smaller one would be awesome.

So I didn't clone anything from the repo, because it looked like a pain to clone and run the whole board. But, I did mess with the DOM in browser to get a better look. One thing you'll have to do that's any easy way to free up vertical space is substitute '<p>class="small"</p>' with '<span></span>' in some places. Try importing the following css file, or just copying it into global, but (I would keep separate files for organization, just make sure you're importing in the right place).
[code]

#posting-table {
min-width: 350px;
}

#posting-table th {
font-size: 10pt;
}

#posting-table textarea {
min-height:7rem;
}

#posting-table label {
display: block;
}

#posting-table th, #posting-extra-table th {
padding: 0.5rem 1rem;
padding-left: 0.5rem;
}
#posting-table .small {
margin: 0 0;
}

.dropzone {
padding-top: 1px 0px;
}
[/code]
Hopefully it's to your liking.
>>12263
>Oh also, if the watched threads menu would just go away when you click off it, that would be great.
In https /.static/js/watcher.js, between lines 68 and 69 add this:

showingWatched = false;
watcher.watchedMenu.style.display = 'none';

That should work. It's the same thing that the "x" is set to do in the same js file.