/elite/

I've never really written erotic literature before, so any constructive criticism is welcomed.

This is the first (short) chapter of my story:

The FA's PA.
"A charismatic businessman with a dark secret, hires an attractive new PA. He always gets what he wants, and he wants her fat."

https://www.deviantart.com/feedmor/art/The-FA-s-PA-Chapter-1-905978727

I'm planning for it to be a bit of a slow burn, and will aim to do a chapter a week.
Really good stuff, reads smoothly and you build a lot of anticipation in a short time. I love "classic" WGfic when it's done right, and this has a lot of typical tropes (starts with woman at the mirror, job interview) but that doesn't bother me because you pull it off. Can't wait to see the rest.

My only issue — and this is not at all a deal-killer — is maybe lay off the modifiers a bit (adjectives/adverbs).
>>3647
Thanks you for your response, glad you enjoyed it. I'll try and tone down the modifiers a bit in the next chapter. Was there a particular part(s) where it stood out as a problem?
>>3646 (OP)
Not bad! I'd agree with the other anon that it's a little straightforward. Starting off in front of the mirror is one thing, but we all know where the story is going, and I'd always advise getting to the goods sooner rather than later.
If you want to go over the interview, perhaps a flashback? She could already be working for him, dealing with his strange requests - and bemoaning the pounds she's already put on. She's wearing the suit she wore to the interview, and it makes her think back to some of the odd things that occurred. Perhaps some things are starting to come together in her mind, sparking a little more intrigue for the reader...
Slow burn weight gain is fine, but it has to do something with the extra time. Setting stuff up for later only works if the reader doesn't lose interest now trudging through setup.
That said, your writing flows well, with some good description, and keeps on moving at a good pace. I'll definitely read chapter two when it comes out.
>>3654
Thanks for the feedback. I definitely like the idea of putting Bella in the same interview outfit after gaining some weight.

I understand the slow pacing may put off some readers, but it's something I quite like in erotic literature, and that I don't think there is a great deal of. I'll definitely try and strike a balance so it doesn't come across as boring or long-winded though.
>>3651
Again, I wouldn't have said anything except you asked lol. It's really well-written o/a, the modifiers not totally egregious. It's mainly that you can trust your reader a bit more and let their imaginations do more of the work.

>...another futile tug at her skirt...

The action itself can transmit what's happening rather than saying it. It could just be a "tug at her skirt" and we'll figure out that she's uncomfortable in it because it's too tight. Not that it's "wrong," but that extra word in there slows the flow.

>“Come in!” an authoritative voice replied.

If someone yells Come in! the authority is implied.

>...a large black desk in the centre...

I get you have a black desk in your mind, but do we need to know it's black? A large desk implies an important (or self-important) person, so that's... important. Mahogany or leather-topped, they spent some money on it. Black... who cares?

This seems nitpicky and in isolation all these are fine. But when it's cumulative it slows the reader down and actually makes them think too much, rather than just watching whatever movie they make up in their heads.

If you have the characters, settings, and actions well-defined in your head you actually have to describe very little. The authority with which you write will communicate amazingly well. Whether you're a fan or not, Hemmingway often provided the most bare-bones sketches of scenes and action and yet the reader sees it vividly.

For me the big exception is your physical descriptions, which 1) are very important in WG/fatfic and 2) are well-done and don't feel cluttered for some reason.

Don't let me get in your head though. I'd write how you feel and then just edit the unneeded modifiers out in 2nd draft. If you care to.
>>3656
I really do appreciate you taking the time to give me feedback, it's helpful. I'm quite inexperienced with writing literature, beyond some D&D campaigns. I'll definitely think on what you said.
>>3657
Glad I can help. I honestly wouldn't know you're a novice at this.