/bbwai/

(442 KB, 1339x768, screenshot1.png)
First of all: hi mom, and hi all of you lovely people of the forum. I am brand new to posting anything on here, so please excuse me being a bit awkward. I have been sniffing around the forum for a while, and after having been inspired by some of you other lovely folks decided to make a small adventure game. I have been working on this on and off for about three weeks at this point, and have come to realize I may need some input to keep on going.

The game has been made in Quest and is a text adventure type game. I have used some slightly curated AI art to make the characters come somewhat to life. For now it is the best I can do.

I have uploaded a sort of prototype with a lot of things, stuff, pictures and systems implemented to itch.io 278. I hope you guys would think it worthy of a test-run, and maybe even some feedback.

The current version is version 0.0.6.1 (applied a hotfix for some of the reported issues), so this is very much a prototype still.

The game and more info can be found here: https://weirdobeardo89.itch.io/new-life-in-the-fat-lane

Thank you all for reading! Have a good… whatever time of day it may be. Best wishes: Weirdobeardo89
>>4080 (OP) I would be a fool not to check this out.
>>4080 (OP)
/bbwai/ would probably be more interested
>>4080 (OP)
hey gave it a shot. 10-15 minutes, mostly just going everywhere, looking at everyone to see the art, and speaking with them to get a feel for the writing.

I know it's not done, but not seeing a different image for each dialog choice made it feel very flat. Even the most basic of visual novels have 2-3 frames of characters they rotate between. I'm sure that's on the bucket list, but atm it does make you just want to speed read when the image does not change to meet the tone / what's being inferred in the text.

I was impressed that I could go and get both of Jennie's favorite snacks, have her eat them, and look different after each snack. I even went and got a few other things to try, most of which she said no to, except the salami (which registered as gummy bears when picked up), which was kinda funny.

I'm not sure how incremental it's supposed to be, but, the weight gain was sort of inconsistent. Her bust was bigger after one snack and then smaller after another but her butt was bigger. Consistency things like that kind of break the illusion of weight gain progression a little.

Minor spelling errors here and there but I'm sure you know that. Writing is fine on the whole from the small amount I saw.

Anyway it's a good start, though, I'm not entirely sure how much this quest engine adds the the whole experience tbh, compared to just, you know, a standard manga page. Yes, there's *some* choices involved, but I guess I haven't personally been interested in this kind of choose-your-own-adventure in quite some time. I am also middle aged btw. I applaud the effort and it could definitely be a neat little sandbox.